Pages

On Top of the World.


I am pleased to announce that I successfully completed what Cracked as called a 'badass tourist destination for the criminally insane', the CN Tower Edge Walk.

So there you go people, am officially criminally insane, just like you all thought.
And, despite your fervent goodbyes, your 'hell no!s', your 'are you crazy!?s' and my mother's shocked screeching (which I'm sure will happen when I um, tell her I did this), I did not die.

What did happen though, was complete and utter amazingness.

Ready?


















So this was my team; six people go up at a time with one guide.

Sahar, Matthew, Ehsan, le moi, Bob and Shannon plus Christian, our guide.
Not sure when I got so short, but hey.
There was a New Zealand guy helping us into our gear (Sahar made the sheep joke, not me) and an Aussie girl at the top who helped hook us up. It was all very reunion-y. (Mary: "See, I told you all you Australians are crazy.")

All these photos are from Christian, not me.




Wheeeee!


So amazing. I was barely nervous; it confirmed that I have no fear of heights at all. It was the best weather with great visibility. It wasn't cold and it was hardly even windy. You could even see Niagra Falls from across Lake Ontario; there were these tiny little pillars which were the massive hotels around Niagra then a tiny puff of white which was the towering water spray from the falls themselves.


From a bloke at the very bottom.
Oh hai.

Matt was not a fan of taking both hands off.


But yuss! 
 


The guys told me after that I was fearless and once I went first for some things they had to screw up their courage and just do it because I made it look easy.

For some reason when you leaned forward you couldn't put your toes over the edge. I thought that was disappointing, which led to a few, "Hey daredevil Tallulah I said no toes over the edge please and thank you." 


The Rogers Centre. When a game is on and the roof is open, the Edge Walk is the best seat in the house. Or above it.








I got a DVD (from a camera on top of Christian's helmet) which recorded almost everything, so here's a little bit for y'all to see:











So, next is this:

Perched on the top of the observation deck on the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas, the X Scream roller coaster stretches 27 feet over the edge of the tower with a maximum speed of 30 mph. Photo: Getty Images / Stratosphere Tower

the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas, which is a happening thing. Come back in a few months and you'll see ;D Sorry Lizzie.



Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment